I trust that everyone understands the importance of a well balanced diet, and awareness of exactly *what* you are eating…in the end, you are what you eat! The past year I made some changes in my eating habits (being vegetarian and choosing fresh, mostly ecological vegetables etc., not overeating) which are surprisingly easy to do…*much* easier than you would expect coming from a processed food diet that seems to be the standard of todays cooking. Ready made for your easy use, fast and tasty (?), just open a box or can, and you are halfway done…it seems to good to be true, and…it IS!
Below are the 10 Things the Processed Food Industry doesn’t want you to know, check the link for the details (it’s worth it).
Uhhh, Bon appetit?!
- Processed Foods Are Addictive and Can Cause You To Overeat
- Processed Foods Are Linked to Obesity
- Processed Foods Often Contain Ingredients That Do Not Follow The Principle of Food Combining
- Processed Foods Contribute to An Imbalanced Inner Ecosystem
- A Diet High in Processed Foods Can Lead to Depression, Memory Issues and Mood Swings
- Processed Foods Often Go Hand In Hand With “Eating on the run” or Multitasking
- Nutrition Labels on Processed Foods Are Often Misleading and Have Harmful Health Effects
- Diets High in Processed Meats (like hot dogs and deli meats) Have Been Linked to Various Forms of Cancer
- Eating Too Many Processed Foods Can Lead to Infertility and Malnutrition
- Processed Foods are Made For Long Shelf-life, Not Long Human Life!