Archive for February 18th, 2009

Einstein’s Riddle

Wednesday, February 18th, 2009

The title of this post is actually a bit confusing in relation to the riddle/puzzle below since it was most likely not invented by Albert Einstein at all. Still, it’s a nice one.

I will not reveal the answer today, you’ll get some days to solve it!

Oh, and I am apparently belonging to the happy 2% who was able to solve it (without cheating!). 😉

Einstein’s Riddle

There are 5 houses in 5 different colors. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same beverage.

The question is: Who owns the fish?


  • The Brit lives in the red house.
  • The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
  • The Dane drinks tea.
  • The green house is on the left of the white house.
  • The green homeowner drinks coffee.
  • The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
  • The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
  • The man living in the center house drinks milk.
  • The Norwegian lives in the first house.
  • The man who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.
  • The man who keeps the horse lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
  • The owner who smokes Bluemaster drinks beer.
  • The German smokes prince.
  • The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
  • The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water.
  • Einstein is said to have written this riddle as a boy during the 19th century. He said 98% of the world population could not solve it…do you belong to the remaining 2%? 😉


    It’s not hard, you just need to pay attention and be patient. A tip, take a piece of paper and start writing down the options and clues you have.